STAMPEDE GAME DAY VS Fargo 11-21-12
· The Stampede square off against the Fargo Force for the third time this season. The Herd have won the first two meetings of this season series.
· Tonight is a battle of the top teams in league attendance. Sioux Falls holds a slight edge over Fargo, averaging 3,876 fans per-game while Fargo is averaging 3, 870.
· Sioux Falls is coming off a weekend split of opponents. Last Friday, the Herd fell 5-2 at home to Tri-City before rebounding for a 5-4 victory over league leading Dubuque on Saturday.
· The Stampede enter tonight’s game with the most home wins of any team in the league (9). They are 9-2-0 at home this season.
· The Herd are off to their best start at home since the 2005-06 season when they began the year 15-1-0 at home. They went on to capture the Anderson Cup that season.
· Sioux Falls has been well disciplined so far this year. They are averaging 15 penalty minutes a game, fourth fewest in the league.
· The Stampede have tallied 62 goals this season, second most amongst all USHL teams. Only Waterloo has more with 70.
· The Force are coming off back-to-back shootout losses to the Omaha Lancers last weekend in Fargo.
· The Force are tied with Lincoln for most shorthanded goals scored for this year with five.
· Both the Stampede and the Force are undefeated when leading after two periods this year. Sioux Falls is 9-0-0 while Fargo is 5-0-0.
· 12 of Fargo’s first 17 games have been decided by just one goal. They are 5-3-4 in one-goal games so far this year.
· These two teams meet again this Saturday up in Fargo at 7:05 PM.