STAMPEDE GAME DAY VS DES MOINES 11-30-12
· The Stampede square off against the Des Moines Buccaneers in the second of eight meetings between the two teams this year. Sioux Falls defeated the Bucs, 2-1 back on October 6th in Des Moines.
· The Stampede enter tonight with a 6-2-1 mark during the month of November.
· The Herd are coming off a week in which they captured five of a possible six points. Sioux Falls defeated Fargo, 3-2 in overtime on Wednesday, then topped Sioux City 6-2 on Friday before falling 3-2 in overtime at Fargo on Saturday.
· The first goal has proved to be crucial at home for the Herd. They are 11-0-0 when scoring first and 0-2-0 when opponents score first on home ice.
· The Herd have outscored opponents 25-16 in the first period this season.
· Sioux Falls is one of the best disciplined teams in the league, averaging 15.2 penalty minutes per-game, third fewest in the USHL.
· The Stampede enter tonight’s game with the second most goals of any team in the league (73), averaging 3.84 per-game.
· The Bucs are coming off a weekend split of opponents. Last Friday, they defeated Indiana 7-3 before falling 5-1 at Tri-City on Saturday.
· The Buccaneers can put the puck in the net as well, they rank fourth in the league with 70 goals, averaging 3.50 per-game.
· Des Moines holds a 7-1-1 record when leading after two periods this season.
· The Bucs lead the league in penalty minutes with 476 and majors with 26.
· Both the Stampede and Bucs penalty kill has struggled this year. Des Moines ranks last in the league at 73.7% and the Herd are second to last at 77.6%.