STAMPEDE GAME DAY VS LINCOLN 12-1-12
· The Stampede face the Lincoln Stars for the third time this season. The home team won each of the first two games of this season series so far.
· The Herd are coming off a tough 5-1 loss last night to Des Moines. Leading 1-0 heading into the second period, the Bucs scored twice in the first 43 seconds of the second en route to a 5-1 win over the Stampede. Tony Calderone tallied the only goal for the home team.
· Despite the loss, Sioux Falls is still 6-3-1 in their last 10 games.
· The Stampede still rank second in the league in goals scored, averaging 3.70 per-game.
· Last night marked the first time all season the Stampede scored the first goal at home and did not win the game. They are now 11-1-0 when scoring first at home.
· The Herd are 10-5-1 against Western Conference opponents this year.
· The Stampede have allowed a powerplay goal in six of their last seven games and rank second to last on the penalty kill at 76.6%
· The Stars are coming off a big 5-1 win last night in Omaha. Dominik Shine, Luke Johnson and Eric Scheid all tallied a goal and an assist in the game while Michael Bitzer stopped 22 shots to earn his fourth win of the season in goal.
· The win was the first for Lincoln since November 9th and ended a five game winless streak (0-4-1).
· The Stars have scored four or more goals in a game eight times this season,
· Lincoln has outscored opponents 27-12 in the second period this season.
· The Stars allow the second fewest goals in the league, averaging just 2.61 goals against this season.