STAMPEDE GAME DAY VS DES MOINES 12-30-12
· The Stampede square off against the Des Moines Buccaneers in the third of six meetings between the two teams. The road team has won each of the first two games in the season series.
· The Stampede are coming off a 5-3 victory in Fargo on Friday night. Five different players scored goals while Charlie Lindgren stopped 29 shots in goal.
· The five goals put the Herd at 103 goals scored so far this season.
· The Stampede enter tonight having won three straight games and six of their last seven.
· Since starting the year 0-2-0, the Herd have gone 19-6-1 and into first place in the West.
· Sioux Falls holds a 15-0-0 record when leading after two periods this season.
· Tonight begins a four-game homestand for the Stampede who play next Friday and Saturday at home as well as January 9th before embarking on a eight-game road trip that will see them away from the Sioux Falls Arena for a month.
· The Buccaneers are coming off a 5-2 loss last night in Fargo. Des Moines, who is third in the league in penalty minutes, committed just one penalty for two minutes in the game.
· Zach Saar and Michael Marnell tallied a goal each while Nick Ellis stopped 51 of 55 shots in goal.
· The Bucs fell 4-1 on Friday to Cedar Rapids and are now 5-5-0 in their last 10 games.
· Des Moines rank fifth on the powerplay (20.0%).
· The Bucs are 12-1-1 when leading after two periods this season, but are 0-10-0 when trailing after two. The Stampede are 15-0-0 when leading after two periods this season.
· Des Moines has allowed six shorthanded goals this season.
· The Bucs are 4-0-1 against first place teams this year.