STAMPEDE GAME DAY VS WATERLOO 1-9-13
· The Stampede square off against the Waterloo Black Hawks for the third time this season. The Hawks have won the first two games between the two teams by a combined scored of 11-4. Both wins came in Waterloo.
· The Stampede enter tonight five points ahead of the Hawks for first place in the Western Conference and on a six-game winning streak. The Herd have won 9 of their last 10 games overall.
· Tonight’s game is #32 for both teams, the official halfway point of the season.
· The Herd are coming off a weekend sweep of Sioux City at the arena, topping the Musketeers 4-1 on Friday and 5-4 in a shootout on Saturday.
· Sioux Falls holds a 16-4-0 home record, second best in the USHL. The Herd are 8-2-0 in their last 10 home games.
· The Stampede are 17-0-0 when leading after two periods this season.
· Sioux Falls ranks fourth in the league in goals scored per-game, averaging 3.74 goals per-game.
· After tonight, Sioux Falls will hit the road for nine straight games.
· Waterloo is 5-5-0 in their last 10 games and are coming off a weekend split of opponents. Last Friday, they became the first team to defeat Dubuque in Dubuque, winning 5-4. On Saturday, they fell at home 6-1 to Cedar Rapids.
· The Hawks have the most powerful offense in the league. They lead the USHL in goals (135), assists (234), and points (369). They also lead in powerplay goals with 39.
· The Hawks have the top powerplay unit (25%), but rank last on the penalty kill (77.5%).
· Waterloo is 14-5-0 when scoring first and 14-0-0 when leading after two periods this season.
· Sam Rothstein has at least a point in six straight games and nine points (3g, 6a) and a +5 in his last five games.
· C.J. Franklin has eight points (3g, 5a) and is a +6 in his last five games.
· Zeb Knutson has at least a point in six straight games and has 10 points (5g, 5a) in his last 10 games.
· Charlie Lindgren is 7-1-0 with a 2.38 GAA and a .917 save percentage in his last eight starts.
· Taylor Cammarata has at least a point in 11 straight games for the Hawks. He has 18 points during that stretch and has nine points (4g, 5a) in his last five games.
· Zach Stepan has 15 points (5g, 10a) and a +4 in his last 10 games.
· Justin Kloos has 15 points (4g, 11a) and a +6 in his last 10 games.