STAMPEDE GAME DAY VS GREEN BAY 2-24-13
· The Stampede face the Green Bay Gamblers for the second of three meetings this season between the two teams. Green Bay won the first meeting back on January 18th, 5-1, in Green Bay.
· This the only meeting of the season between these two teams in Sioux Falls. The Herd will play in Green Bay again this Friday.
· The Stampede are coming off a tough 3-2 loss last night in Omaha. The Herd rallied from a 2-0 deficit to tie the game late, but the Lancers scored with just 38 seconds remaining in regulation to take the game.
· Dennis Kravchenko and Todd Skirving scored for the Herd while Charlie Lindgren stopped 28 shots in goal.
· The loss snapped a three-game winning streak for the Herd and dropped them to 0-4-0 at the new Ralston Arena.
· Despite the loss last night, the Stampede are still 9-3-2 in one-goal games this year.
· After going 8-2-0 in January, the Herd are 4-3-1 during the month of February.
· The Gamblers have won the first two games of this three-game Western Conference road swing. On Friday, they won at Des Moines 4-2 and last night topped Tri-City, 4-3 in Kearney.
· The Gamblers enter tonight’s game on a five-game winning streak and are 9-2-0 in their last 11 games.
· Green Bay has the top powerplay unit in the league at 26.6%. The penalty kill has recorded 10 shorthanded goals this season.
· The Gamblers 181 goals are second most amongst USHL teams.
· Green Bay has outscored its opponents 58 to 43 in the third period this season.
· Green Bay is 5-3-0 against the West this year, the Herd are 7-2-0 against the East.
· C.J. Franklin has 11 points (6g, 5a) and is a plus-4 in his last 10 games for the Herd.
· Dennis Kravchenko has 10 points (2g, 8a) in his last 10 games for the Herd.
· Thomas Forgione has five points (3g, 2a) over his last five games.
· Charlie Lindgren is 3-2-0 with a 2.47 GAA and a .915 save percentage in his last five starts.
· Kyle Novak tallied a hat trick against the Stampede earlier this year and leads the team with 60 points in 46 games.
· Alex Kile has 14 points (6g, 8a) in his last 10 games.
· Richard Ullberg is 6-1-0 with a 2.29 GAA and a .924 save percentage in his last seven starts for Green Bay.