STAMPEDE GAME DAY VS GREEN BAY 2-24-13
· The Stampede square off against the Fargo Force for the seventh time this season and for the final time at home during the regular season. Sioux Falls holds a 5-0-1 mark against the Force, including a 6-3 win at Fargo on February 22nd.
· Sioux Falls is coming off a big weekend in which they earned victories over the Eastern Conference’s top two teams.
· On Friday, the Herd scored two first period goals and defeated Green Bay 2-1 and on Saturday, the Stampede rallied from 3-0 and 4-2 deficits to top league leading Dubuque 5-4 in a shootout in Dubuque.
· The Stampede enter tonight’s game having won three straight and six of their last seven games overall. They have also won three straight home games and nine of their last ten at the Sioux Falls Arena.
· Sioux Falls ranks third in the league in goals scored with 191. They tallied 127 goals in all of last season.
· The Herd are 25-5-0 when outshooting their opponent this season.
· After tonight, Sioux Falls will play nine of their next 10 games on the road before finishing the season by playing five of their last six at home.
· The Stampede are 17-5-1 since the Christmas break. Fargo is 15-8-0.
· Fargo is coming off a weekend split against Lincoln. On Friday, they topped the Stars 4-2, but fell 3-2 on Saturday in Fargo.
· The Force have won six of their last eight games overall and are 4-1-0 in their last five road games. They are 14-9-3 on the road this season.
· Fargo has scored a league high 10 shorthanded goals this season.
· The Force are 15-1-0 when leading after two periods.
· Todd Skirving has tallied a goal in each of the last five games for the Stampede. His 21 goals are third most on the team.
· Sam Rothstein has 10 points (5g, 5a) in six games against Fargo this season.
· Charlie Lindgren is 4-0-1 with a 2.97 GAA and a .902 save percentage in five games against Fargo. His 27 wins are the second most in franchise history for a Stampede goaltender during one season. He is just four wins shy of tying the all-time record set by David Bowen in 1999-2000.
· Dominic Toninato has 11 points (3g, 8a) in six games against the Stampede this season.
· Brendan Harms has eight points (3g, 5a) against the Stampede. He is tied with Toninato for the team lead in scoring with 53 points.
· Dominic Toninato is a fifth round draft pick of the Toronto Maple Leafs (2012) and has 10 points in his last 10 games while ranking third on the team in scoring with 18 points.
· Brendan Jensen is 4-2-0 with a 3.36 GAA and a .914 save percentage in his last seven appearances.