STAMPEDE GAME DAY VS TRI-CITY 3-20-13
· The Stampede square off against the Tri-City Storm for the seventh time this season. The Herd hold a 5-1-0 mark against the Storm, including a 5-1 win at Tri-City last weekend.
· Sioux Falls needs just a point tonight to clinch a playoff spot. It would mark the seventh time in eight years at the Stampede have qualified for the playoffs.
· The Herd enter tonight’s game with a seven point lead over Fargo for first place in the West and just three points behind Dubuque in the race for the Anderson Cup.
· After tonight, just eight games remain in the regular season, three on the road and five at home.
· Sioux Falls enters tonight on a four-game wining streak, having won back-to-back games two weekends in a row on the road.
· The Stampede’s 210 goals scored this year are second most in the USHL. Last year, the Herd tallied just 127 goals in 60 games.
· The Stampede are 29-0-1 when leading after two periods this season.
· The Storm are coming off a 7-4 loss last night in Sioux City. Tri-City is 0-3-1 in their last four games entering tonight.
· The Storm led 3-1 eight minutes into the second period, but Sioux City scored five goals in the period to earn the victory.
· Ben Foster tallied a goal and two assists for the Storm.
· Tri-City went 2-for-4 on the powerplay last night and rank third in the USHL with the man advantage, clicking at 21%.
· There is a familiar face behind the Tri-City bench tonight. Former Stampede forward George Michalke is serving as an assistant coach with the Storm. He played from 2008 to 2010 in Sioux Falls and is currently on medical leave from the Air Force Academy.
· C.J. Franklin has at least a goal in eight straight games. He has eight goals during that stretch and leads the team with 30 on the season.
· Dennis Kravchenko has nine points (2g, 7a) in his last five games.
· Todd Skirving has nine points (5g, 4a) in his last 10 games.
· Charlie Lindgren can tie a franchise record for most wins in a season with a victory in goal tonight. He is 30-11-2 with a 2.75 GAA and a .901 save percentage this season. His 30 wins are the most by any goaltender in the USHL.
· Brian Ward has 15 points (4g, 11a) in his last 10 games for Tri-City.
· Trevor Mingoia has 13 points (9g, 4a) in his last 10 games.
· Ben Foster has eight points (2g, 6a) in his last 10 games.